Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Random....

So not much going on around here. I enjoyed a nice and relaxing Labor Day with nothing special- just some much needed rest.

I started the book Twilight 2 days ago and I am over 1/2 way done with it. I know, I know... I'm just now jumping on this whole bandwagon for this book. I promised several students last year that I would read it, and I'm just now making my way around to it. It is SO GOOD. I was totally skeptical... come on... teenage girl falls in love with a vampire- how good could it really be? Well, it is really good. I am looking forward to finishing this one within the next few days and then starting on the next one. Hopefully I'll be through the whole series sometime within the next few weeks depending on how much time I get to read.

Tonight is open house... ugh. Something I thoroughly dislike. It is so annoying. I only have like 10 minutes with each set of parents, and they all want to have little one on one conferences about their child- but I still don't even know 1/2 of their names yet. Yucky. So yeah... I have to leave in about an hour for that one.

I'm still saving up for my cowboy boots. I still plan on getting them later this month.

Oh. restaurants.com is a great place to find some amazing deals. They were running a 90% off thing today. Lantz and I got some $25 gift cards for just a few dollars. Some great deals on some local places.

Tomorrow I start my 9/11 unit with my students. I always enjoy reading through this information with them. We read several first hand accounts of people escaping from Tower 2. Very interesting.

So yeah... I guess that's all for now. Happy Wednesday!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE Twilight. haha. I am in the process of finishing the 3rd book. They are pretty addicting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those were my same thoughts about Twilight when Elliott bought me the first one for Christmas last year. I mainly started reading it because I didn't want him to think I wasn't grateful for the gift, but it turned out to be one of my favorite gifts from last Christmas!

    I'm so excited for you to get your boots--what a fun thing to save for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must confess...I am a Twilight junkie! I am so not a reader, but I got hooked instantly when friends suggested it to me. I actually read the entire saga in a week! I am glad you are enjoying it because you are about to reach my favorite of the series, book 3!

    Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete