Thursday, September 10, 2009

My Sweet Husband....

Lantz is too cute! I have got to be the luckiest girl in the world. My husband is so thoughtful and sweet. Last night after open house, I got home to an empty house. I knew I'd beat Lantz home, but when I got here I heard music. I went upstairs, and beside our bed (on my side) I found this little gift:

And this little sweet note beside it:


So here's the story behind this great little gift:
I have had my alarm clock since I was in high school, and it has worked great. It got me to all my college classes and has woken me up for the past 4 years on time for school, but the radio on it is not all that great. I really enjoy listening to Christian music in the morning while I get ready, and I used to pick up one Christian station- a little fuzzy- but I got it. Well, recently I have not been able to get it at all, and so it's quiet while I get ready... or I'll drag the laptop from the office to the room to listen to some music, but mainly it's just quiet.

So, awhile ago I saw this alarm clock that you could plug your ipod into, and I was like, "Hey, I need one of those! Then I can get my praise on without commercials!" So yeah.... that was awhile ago, and I have not been saving my allowance for that (cowboy boots instead). So, it was so sweet to come home from a dreadful night of Open House to find this little surprise and the nicest little note.

Here's what the note said:

You are music to my ears every time I hear the sound of your voice. {Let me interject to let you know that if you've ever heard me sing you know I can't carry a tune in a bucket. Ha!} However, there is a small window of time in our day that you love to be filled with a positive message or song for the day. The reality is the sound of my voice is not as uplifting as Chris Tomlin, DC Band, Andrew Peterson & others. I hope this helps in getting your day off to an awesome start as you continue to walk with God. Love, Lantz

I know right!?! Sweetest, most amazing husband ever. I am in love more with him every day.


Father God, thank you so much for Lantz. Amen.
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. So sweet! I love it when they do special things like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so sweet...what a blessing are godly husbands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is precious--I'm so glad you had that to come home to after a dreadful night of Open House.

    ReplyDelete