Thursday, September 3, 2009

Good Read


I recently finished a really good book that my grandmother recommended to me at Christmas. It's called Family Tree by Barbara Delinsky. I must say that I got into this book almost immediately. It was a quick, easy read, and it kept me hanging on a few things even though I made some accurate predictions.

It's about a couple- Hugh & Dana Clarke- who have a baby girl. The Clarkes are a very wealthy caucasion couple, and their daughter is born looking African American. Of course, many different things come to mind while trying to trace their daughter's color. Dana's mother died when she was 5 and she has never met her father. She was raised by her grandmother who knows nothing of her father because supposedly it was just a one night stand. Hugh comes from a family that prides themselves on being able to trace their ancestors back to coming over on the Mayflower, and there is no known African American blood in the family.

It's an interesting story that unfolds bit by bit. It's an easy read, and I'd highly recommend it. This is the first Barbara Delinsky book I've read, but I was impressed. Check it out if you're looking for a good one to sink into.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment