Saturday, August 15, 2009

This Week....

So, this is my last full week of summer vacation. Next Wednesday I have to go in for 3 days of Staff Development days, and then the kids come in the following Monday. So, what exactly have I been up to my last week of freedom? Well, not much.

In the evenings I have spent my time at VBS (Vacation Bible School) helping with all the little people. I have slept in most mornings. I have been doing my P90X workout each day trying to get back on track after a week of sweet tea and junk food in Texas, and I have also gone up to the Y to walk/run on the treadmill. I laid out to at the Y outdoor pool too. Oh yeah, Lantz and I have also gone to the Y to swim laps this week. Lantz is currently training for a sprint triathlon in October. I'm super excited for it because all of Lantz's best friends are coming out to do it with him, and all their wives are coming for some girl time! Yeah fun!

I have also been eating lots of fruit parfaits. Lantz's friend Delwyn made us some fruit parfaits when we stayed with him in Lubbock last week, and I really like them. I don't like, or I didn't think I liked yogurt, but apparently I like the non-fat, vanilla yogurt with fresh blueberries, strawberries, and granola in it. Yum! Thanks Delwyn- I've had like 3 every day.

Thursday night all the teens came over after VBS and we watched Inkheart. I was not expecting this to be a very good movie, but it actually was. It was super cute, and very interesting. It was fun to hang out with the teens. It's crazy how much they've all grown up.

Lantz and I also got a new decorative picture for our bedroom. We are going to hang it over our bed. We also got some 1/2 price black frames with white mats, and we printed some of our favorite Europe photos in black and white. I am going to make a picture collage up the hall way stairs. Photos to come of those two new things in our home.

We went to Shawna's mom's memorial service today. It was a really beautiful, touching ceremony. Her mom seemed like a very special woman. I wish that I had known her.

The worst part about the week was that I had to go in for jury duty on Wednesday. Super stressful. I don't drive down town (strip area) very often, hardly ever actually, and I had to go down there to the court house. I had to park at the Fremont Street Experience parking garage and walk like 4 blocks. That's the only place you can park to get it validated. So, I went all the way there and got divided into a group of people that had to fill out huge packets for a case starting this coming week. I had to call back last night, Friday night, to find out if I got picked to go back in. Well, wouldn't you know my luck that I have to go all the way back down there on Monday to see if they pick me for the case. I hope that they don't. It's a really big case that will probably last for a few weeks or months. I really don't want to miss the first part of school. I want to get to know my students and start the school year out right. Selfishly I am praying for myself that they don't pick me, and if you think about it, maybe you could raise a prayer up on my behalf. Thanks.

So, the best part of the week..... tonight. Lantz and I grilled out. Yummy! We grilled some steak, asparagus, jalapeno poppers, and then we had some 9 grain bread. Julia came over to stay the night with us too, so she ate with us. We are about to watch the movie Taken. We have never seen it, so I'll let you know how it turns out.

So yeah... that was my week. Sorry I have been really bad about blogging lately. Maybe I'll be able to get back to a normal blogging routine with school starting soon.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I hope and pray they do not pick you!

    We saw Taken- it was very suspenseful, but entertaining. Hope you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete