Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sorry....

So sorry to all my blogging friends out there. I know that I have left you high and dry for over a week. Apologies..... I know it must have been so hard for you not to have known what has been happening in the Howard life here in Las Vegas. Well, we have not been in Vegas. Remember our mission trip to Honduras that we'd been planning for over a year now? Well, unfortunately due to the political situation in that country, we had to cancel the trip 2 days before we were supposed to leave. It was a hard decision to make, but we really prayed hard about it and sought a lot of Godly council. Our prayers are with Mission Lazarus during this political chaos, and we pray that God will continue to reveal his righteousness and grace to the people living there. We also pray that one day we will be able to go to Mission Lazarus and partner with them in a short term mission.

So, where have we been the last week? Of all places you will not believe it.... Abilene, Texas. Yep, that's right the buckle of the Bible belt. Long story short, some friends from the South 11th and Willis church heard about our trip falling through, and invited us to join their youth group for an event that they were already planning on doing called Mission Abilene. So, since we were already planning on doing mission work last week, we packed our bags and went to one of my favorite places ever, Abilene.

There are so many things I want to share with you about our trip, but I am so exhausted. I just wanted to catch you up quick. Come back tomorrow, and hopefully I'll have some stories posted for you. Much love to those of you who have stuck with me even though I haven't been around.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE trips to Abilene!! They make my heart so happy :) Glad you guys had a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear all about it! Give me a call when you're rested!

    ReplyDelete