Sunday, August 16, 2009

Blonde or Brown

So, I am having a hair dilemma. My hair is dying, literally, because I keep killing it with bleach, but I like my blonde. I have said recently over and over that I am soon going to dye my hair back a dark brown. Everyone in my family has dark brown hair, and so I'm like the outcast (not really). I had blonde hair all the way up until like 6th grade then it changed to a weird color, and in in 8th grade, I started highlighting it blonde. I have always felt blonde, and when I look at myself in the mirror, regardless my hair color at the time, I see a blonde girl.

So, why go brown you ask? I love my sister's dark brown hair. I think it looks gorgeous on her, and part of me wants that for myself. I also need to give my hair a break. Every few years after I highlight my hair blonde, I typically go natural, or dye it brown to give it a break. I've been blonde now for over 3 years, and so it's time for a breather. I keep having to cut it shorter and shorter due to continuing to damage it with the bleach.

Don't ask about going natural. I really hate my natural hair color. It's not blonde, it's not really brown. It's just blah. It's like a really nasty mousy brown. Some people have a very nice mousy brown, but mine is not nice. It's ugly. So yeah- that is not an option.

Here are 2 photos of myself. One from 3 & 1/2 years ago when my hair was super long and brown (ignore glasses), and one from recently- blond and short (Not the greatest pictures, but they'll do). I'd love to hear your opinion. I have not made my mind up yet about what to do next the time I go in for my hair appointment. Stay blonde a little longer? Go dark brown immediately? Low lights for a while and then dark brown? Keep it short? Grow it back out? Okay... yeah, let me hear what you have to say.



Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. I like both the pictures, I think your hair would be cute a combination of both! Short like the blonde pic, and brown, you could always put in a little highlights....either way I think it would look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would look good short and dark brown. Hair is always such a big decision. I think I'm going back to my natural dark brown, but I can't ever decide what length...decisions, decisions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Isn't that the necklace I brought you from hawaii! Oh and you and I have the EXACT same haircut right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and as for my opinion i think you should low light and easy into dark brown. then once you are dark brown add highlights so it breaks up the dark and brightens you! it would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh man, hair decisions are so hard!! I really love your hair blonde and short, but your hair looks incredibly healthy in that dark-haired picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote brown and short, but I love the blonde, too. Such a hard decision!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the short hair cut.. so cute! And maybe go brown for a change, but either one is great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think short, it seems so fitting for you! And I love both colors, but think I would do low lights & move towards being brown. Good Luck!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to say, I like the blonde :) It just says 'Jessica' to me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I vote...you are one hot wife with brown hair or blonde hair.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So, Jess, this is one post that got a lot of comments. I found out from my dad, because Linda was reading it to him. I love the short hair on you. I think go brown for the fall with just a few blond highlights. You are just adorable either way...you could shave your hair and you'd still look cute. :)

    ReplyDelete