Sunday, July 12, 2009

Paris

Well, our night train to Paris was not nearly as enjoyable as our German night train to Italy. Again, I was not impressed with Italy's trains. We payed for a private room, and we were again expecting a bunk bed with a small bathroom. Well, our room seemed dirtier than our first one (holes in our sheets) and we didn't even have a private bathroom. Yuck! What was the point of paying for an upgrade if you're still stuck in a yucky room. Anyways don't get me started on the whole Italy thing.

Again, we had a great hotel room. I loved it because it was so modern and hip. It had Ikea type furniture and it had fuchsia and lime green accents, and the bathroom was super hip and funky.

One of the first things we did was take a Segway tour. This was one of the highlights of our trip. I can't even begin to tell you how much stinking fun that was. You so have to do it if you ever have the opportunity. Some things that we got to see on our included: the Eiffel Tower (which was massive- like 8 times the size of the fake one in Vegas), the military school, harmony square, Tuileries Gardens, the church where Napoleon's tomb is, Musee D'Orsay, Legion of Honor Museum, les Invadides, Grand & Petit Palais, Ecole, Militaire, Place de la concorde, Alexander III Bridge, and Assemble Nationale. It was so much fun more than anything! Oh, my segway's name was Segasaurace and Lantz's segway was Nicolas Segakozy (word play on president of France's name).

We also did a night bike tour that was so cool! My bike's name was "Killah" and Lantz's bikes name was "Monet." It poured rain like the first 30 minutes of our tour, and it was hard and powerful rain. I didn't think that it would stop, but it finally did. We rode all over that city. This was a great bike tour in a sense that we really got to ride the bikes alot over the whole city. We saw so much it is hard to remember it all. Some of the main things we saw were the Louve, Notre Dame, Hotel de Ville, Ile de la Cite, and Musee D'Orsay. We also got to cruise the Seine on a boat and enjoy some French wine while watching the city of Paris light up. Paris at night is the most beautiful sight ever!

We also ate some really great food in Paris, including crepes, pastries, quiche, and creme brulee. Yummy! We found some amazing side walk bakeries that had some amazing sandwiches, and pastries.

We also went to see the Arch of Triumph. Oh, and at night we went up to the top of a sky scrapper, Montparnasse, to see the city at sunset. It was amazing! Anyways, if you are ever in Paris, it is a must!

So yeah... I guess that's pretty much it. That was our trip to Europe. Thanks to all of you who stuck with it and actually read my posts... and thanks to those of you who just looked at the photos. Anyways, we had a great time, and I'm glad that we planned every bit of it ourselves even if it was stressful at times. I don't think we would have enjoyed it as much if we would have just signed up for a tour. We put alot of sweat and labor into this 5 year anniversary trip, and I praise God that we were able to enjoy it together.

On that note, I guess I'll leave you with our Paris photos.


Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your trip--it's been fun to see/hear about your experiences! Glad you guys had such a good time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I have LOVED reading all about your trip. It's been so much fun reading all about your adventures with Lantz. What a blessing to make those memories together!

    Secondly, how adorable is your "kissing in front of the Eiffel Tower--Segway style" picture??? I LOVE it. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have loved reading about your trip, too! So fun. Chris and I went to Paris for a few days during our honeymoon and we both loved it. What are you going to post about now?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. K....I have now decided I HAVE to have your camera! I am so glad you guys had fun on your trip! It looks like a great memory!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh It's over. :-( Thank you for sharing. I had a wonderful time reading of your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed seeing all the pictures and reading about your trip. What a great way to share your trip.

    ReplyDelete