Friday, July 3, 2009

Birthday

*WARNING* This is not a Europe post.

Yesterday, July 2nd, I turned the BIG 26! I can't believe that I am in my upper 20s now.... whoa! Isn't it funny how time just flies? Anyways, I had a great day yesterday. After I finally got out of bed Heather made us all breakfast. That was great, because I normally make breakfast and I didn't have to. Always good to be a little spoiled! Then I just laid around yesterday, worked out, cleaned up some... not much of anything specific- which was a treat because I feel like I have been doing errands every day since we've returned from Europe.

Lantz came home for lunch and surprised me with a Retro Bakery cupcake. Yummo! Retro bakery is the yummiest little place here in town that sells gourmet cupcakes. He got me a Apple Cider one, because I had never had that flavor before. It was soooooo good, but very rich. I had to split it with Lantz cause I couldn't eat it all. He then gave me my present. He got me some new perfume- DKNY's Green Apple Delicious. I have been wanting it for a few months now, so it was fun to get it and put it on. He also got me a massage for when we get back from our mission trip. I can't wait! I love, love, love professional massages... actually any massages.... I just really enjoy having my back rubbed. I am so looking forward to this.

I got some great stuff in the mail too! I got a way cute white purse and some blinged- out white flip-flops, some cute new bangle bracelets, a new pair of earings, some cash, and of course some amazingly sweet cards. Thanks mom, dad, Aunt Darla, Babab & Ooh-Daddy, and Momma Jean & Poppa. I loved it all!

Heather worked yesterday and then went to the airport to pick up her boyfriend, Ellis. He's in for a few days to visit. When she got home she gave me her gift. She got me a super cute blue button down shirt with little buttons on the side. I really like it. She also put a pair of her sandals that I've been admiring in the bag. She told me that she'd take me to get a pair of my own in my size and the color of my choice. I can't wait! Yeah for new shoes!

Then, last night we (Lantz,Heather, Ellis, & me) went to dinner with some of our awesome friends, Steve and Vanessa, from church. We went to the Cheesecake Factory- one of my favorites. I of course had to get my favorite cheesecake- the coconut chocolate one. Ahhh.... so good. If you have never had the coconut chocolate cheesecake from there then you are really missing out. Thanks again Steve & Vanessa!

Here is Heather and her boyfriend, Ellis:
Here is my sister and me:
All of my awesome gifts:
All of my awesome cards:

So, of course I had an amazing birthday. The Lord has truly blessed me with awesome family and friends.

Hopefully the next blog will be about our first night train and Venice, Italy.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday sweet girl! you and your sis are both so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! I was going to say the same thing as Erin. You and your sis are so pretty! Tell her hi for me.

    ReplyDelete