Monday, May 18, 2009

Teacher Talent Show

Every year my school puts on a teacher talent show. The problem is that I really don't have a talent. I always end up in the dance act, and I have no previous dance experience. I have never taken a dance class, and I barely went to any of my school dances (and when I did go... there wasn't alot of dancing going on on my part- and when there was- it wasn't pretty). So, I find it extremely humorous that I end up dancing for a "talent." Of course it's all in good fun, but it always takes me awhile to pick up on the dance steps. This year evidently we are doing 2 dances... are you kidding me? I can barely get one down.

One of the dances is a high kick routine (ha!) to the song Cupid Shuffle, and another one is the Evolution of Dance. I'm not sure if you've ever seen this, but it's alot harder than it looks. And it's hard to stay synchronized with the other teachers, and it's hard to remember what is comming next. Did I mention it's 6 minutes? So long... I'm still doing P90X, but by the end of this song I'm dead tired. Here is what it is supposed to look like:



Anyways... the talent show is next week, so I have alot of practicing to do between now and then.

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. WOW! I am way impressed. I would be so intimidated to do this. Good luck practicing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so I am expecting the video of you doing the evolution of dance. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the post of you guys doing the dance. ;) Yeah for Heather getting a job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck practicing--I'm impressed too! I don't know if I could get up in front of my school and dance that, haha! :) I'm sure it will be a lot of fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay...this is NOT I repeat NOT a request! We MUST have a post of you doing that!

    ReplyDelete