Thursday, May 7, 2009

Teacher Appreciation Week

There are a few perks to being a teacher, like summers, all holidays off, home by 4:00 at the latest, and Teacher Appreciation Week. My school and the parent volunteers have done an outstanding job of making me feel appreciated. Here are some special things that we've gotten to enjoy this week:
- Hawaiian themed celebrations
- Breakfast Monday morning: fresh fruit, muffins, hard boiled eggs,bagels from Einstein's, coffee from Starbucks, fresh orange juice
-Treats in our mailboxes like candy, chips, rice crispy treats, trail mix, & granola bars
-Hawaiian style deserts with Starbucks coffee and fresh lemonade at lunch on Wednesday including: coconut macaroons, coconut whipped cream in chocolate cups, pineapple whipped cream in chocolate cups, Hawaiian donuts, coconut pudding, and pineapple upside down cake
-Coupons: Free McDonald's McCafe drink, free car wash, and free $5 to Qdoba restaurant
- Cute little magnets and flower shaped paper clips
-Target gift card for $22.53 (All the clubs pulled their money and divided it equally for each teacher to get a gift card- weird amount I know- but that's what it came out to.)
-Friday in the Teacher's Lounge we'll get to have a catered lunch from a nice Hawaiian Barbecue place in town. (In the past Friday's lunch has always been drop- dead amazing... so I can't wait!)
- Friday during lunch we all get to put our names in a jar, and they'll draw for prizes. In the past they have been amazing gift cards. 2 years ago I won a Visa gift card for $50!!! I hope I win something again tomorrow- I'll keep you posted.
-Supposedly next Wednesday we're supposed to get free burritos from Chipotle (that's not a total go just yet-- we'll have to wait and see... I hope so though!)
-And then of course I do have a few random students who are so sweet and have brought things in for me too. (Lots of candy, note cards, and a smell good thing for my house!)

Who knows what else tomorrow may bring. It's so sad that it's the last day of Teacher Appreciation Week. Oh well, that just means that we're closer to summer vacation and our Europe trip!
<span class=

2 comments:

  1. Yes-- I am LOVING this week!!! I feel so spoiled and it's great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome! I try to mooch off of the other campus' stuff :)

    ReplyDelete