Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Summer Roommate

I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!! My sister is going to live with Lantz and me this summer in Las Vegas! Yeah! For those of you who don't know, Heather is in school at Harding and she is majoring in Fashion Merchandising. She also goes part time to a Redken hair salon school in Little Rock- she drives back and forth like every other day. She just finished her semester at Harding (she has like a year and a half left) and will finish her hair school early in June. I'm so proud of her, because she has really worked crazy hard. When she's all done with everything she will be extremely marketable in her field cause she'll have training in fashion, hair, and make-up.

So, she is moving out here to get a job at a high end fashion store on the strip for the summer for her internship. Keep her in your prayers- she has several promising leads, but I really hope the perfect job comes along for her. I'm also really nervous about her coming out, because we will soon be leaving for Europe when she arrives, and she obviously won't know her way around very well. Lantz and I will have a short amount of time to really show her the ropes of Vegas. Please keep her in your prayers during this transition.

I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am to have her coming out here. I'll have a lunch buddy, a shopping buddy, and a lay-out buddy! Lantz has been so good about participating in my girly activities, but it will be so great to have another girl to share things with! I can't wait for her to get here so I can show her off to everyone! I also can't wait to show her around Vegas and the cool stuff here that she hasn't experienced. (She's come out twice for quick visits, but it'll be cool to have her all summer.) How cool to actually have family living so close- something that we're not used to. I guess we'll get spoiled this summer!

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. How exciting!!! Sounds like ya'll will have a wonderful summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome!!! I'm jealous- I wish my sister could live with us for the summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun!! It will be so nice to have a buddy to do all of those girly things with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A tanning buddy! Life is complete for you! I am so jealous of her and so excited for the two of you! that is really special!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun--what a blessing to have family with you for the summer. :) I'm sure you guys will have a blast!

    ReplyDelete