Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

I have loved my Memorial Day weekend! It has been so relaxing and chill.... Friday night Lantz and I went shopping to pick up a few things for summer (always fun times). We came home and watched TV for a little while and then went on a 3 mile run (not so fun... but yah us for doing it).

Saturday we slept in and then did our P90X workout. We cleaned up and then headed about 45 minutes away to Boulder City where they were having a big BBQ shin dig. They held a "Best 'Dam' BBQ" competition where people from Arizona, California, Utah, and Nevada come out to show their BBQ skills (In case you don't get the name, Boulder City is right by the Hoover Dam). Lantz and I had so much fun walking around and checking out all the different smokers and techniques that people had to cook. There was also a car show and live entertainment. Lots of small town fun that we have missed since moving out here. It was neat to step back in time and "walk around the square" and sit under a shade tree and just chill. There is something about Vegas that is so GO GO GO.... sometimes I get so sick of it. I don't understand it, but there is this underlining "rush" I feel here in the big city, and a big part of me misses Abilene like crazy (never thought I'd feel that way). Here are a few pictures from the event:
On our way home we stopped by an outlet shop to walk around just a little while, and across the street we noticed all these random people walking to the same spot, and Lantz was like, "Let's go check it out." So, we walked over, and it was "Jazz in the Park." We've heard about Jazz in the Park from other people, but have never had the chance to go. Well, lucky us that it happened to be going on that night. It is a free event here in Vegas at an outdoor grass amphitheater. People bring out blankets and picnics and sit and listen to jazz music. It was so neat. We only stayed for a little while, cause we didn't have a blanket or food, and so we eventually got uncomfortable- but we've already made plans to go to the next one. I can't wait! We then topped the evening off with a yummy Golden Spoon frozen yogurt.

Sunday after morning church we went over to our friends Craig and Amber's house for burgers and hot dogs. Amber made this amazing strawberry tart dessert that was awesome, and I totally plan on making it in the near future. I'll hopefully post a picture of it and the recipe once I try it out myself. After evening services the teens came over for a Home Invasion (devotional), and so that was fun. After the teens left Lantz and I stayed up and watched Cold Case. I love that show, but I rarely get to watch cause it starts at 9, and I always try to get in bed super early on Sunday night to start the school week out with plenty of sleep. But with no school on Monday, I was a rebel!

Today, Monday, was equally as relaxing. Lantz and I slept in and then got up for a quick run and P90X workout. Lantz then grilled some pork loin and we ate eggs and pork loin for breakfast/brunch. Then we went over to Amber's to lay out and swim- yah for being tan (and a little red). We came home and napped and then rented a movie. So all in all I have loved my weekend. I wish every weekend could be so enjoyable.

P.S. Tomorrow is the big teacher talent show.... hopefully we'll all remember the dance moves. :)
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I love going to festivals like that. Sounds like you had a very relaxing weekend. Don't you just love three day weekends?!?

    ReplyDelete