Saturday, January 24, 2009

White Chicken Chili

I got the following recipe from my sister-in-law earlier this week. It was super yummo and way easy. I thought I'd share. It's called Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili.
Ingredients:
1 pack of chicken breast (I used 3 large chicken breasts)
1 yellow onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 can chicken broth (I used 2 cans)
1 can corn
1 can green chilies
2 cans great Northern Beans
1 T. cumin
1 T. dried Oregano
1 T. Sugar (not really sure if you need this)
1 tsp. salt
1/2 teasp. hot sauce
juice of 1 lime
fresh cilantro
(I also added one can of Rotel- but then it's no longer "White")

Cook chicken, onion, garlic and broth in slow cooker on low 5 hours. Shred chicken with fork. Add corn, chilies, beans, cumin, oregano, sugar, salt, and hot sauce and stir. Cook on high for 1 hour and then turn to low until ready to serve. Stir in lime juice and cilantro just before serving. Serve with your choice of cheese, sour cream, raw onions, more cilantro and sliced avocados.

This was really good, and as long as you don't add sour cream or cheese to it it's really pretty healthy. Thanks Kristal!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment