Friday, January 23, 2009

Staff Development Day

Today was a Staff Development Day at school- meaning no kids and many presentations on how to be a better teacher. I really enjoy these days. It's so nice to be able to go to work and not be the one handing out information. I think that my school has the greatest staff days.

We are always provided at least one meal, and today we got two! We had yummy waffles and fruit for breakfast (although I didn't partake because Lantz always cooks breakfast for the two of us-- he is so great about that-- every day, rain or shine we eat breakfast together. We eat yummy food too- eggs, turkey bacon, whole wheat bagels, oatmeal. Always a hot breakfast!), and the staff also provided a catered lunch from the Mediterranean Grill. Lunch was so good! Greek salad, pita bread with humus, grilled chicken skewers... yummy!


My principal is really great to about always making the presentations interactive and competitive. There are always ways to win fun prizes. Today I walked away with a $20 gift card to Starbucks, a pencil, and 6 free frozen yogurt coupons to Golden Spoon. (Side note--- Golden Spoon is amazing! It's totally a West Coast thing, so I had never had one til moving out here. Bazillions of different flavors of frozen yogurt- kinda like Cold Stone but without the guilt. My favorite flavors are cake batter, island coconut, cookie's and cream, and pralines and pecans.)

For all teachers out there- don't you hate going to presentations and seeing how great something is and knowing it will never work in YOUR classroom with YOUR students? Just a thought.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Ok...that cocunut yogurt sounds yummy! Hey, I told my friend at work about your yummy salad you had listed and she shared with me her blog and said that she has some receipes listed with pictures. She's the one that I've told you and Lantz that if you guys will just move here....I have best friends picked out for ya'll. I've told her the same thing...ya'll just have so much in common. You'll have to connect with her through her blog. mangerchine@blogspot.com Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete