Monday, January 26, 2009

Random...

P90X-
Yes, we are still working out every day. Yes, I am seeing results. Yes, I just bought a size 0 pair of pants on sale this weekend (not sure if I've ever owned a size 0- they had to be sized wrong- I bought a size 3 jeans 2 weeks ago- pretty sure 3 is more accurate than 0- but I'll take it).

STAFF vs. STUDENT Basketball Game
Tomorrow after school we have a Staff vs. Student b-ball game. I am so excited. We did this 2 years ago and had so much fun! We won last time, and so I hope that we win again this time. Our kids are awesome this year, so I'm a little nervous. A few of us practiced today. I was swishing a ton of shots during warm up, but once we started scrimmaging I missed like every single one. Hopefully I'll make at least one tomorrow in the game. It's been awhile though, so I can't be to hard on myself. Also, thanks to P90X I was able to play without killing myself because I was in shape!

RECIPE
Last Monday was Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. day, and while I was at home I caught a few minutes of Rachel Ray. I normally don't watch her, but there was nothing else on. She gave a recipe for a last minute meal. She called it a healthier version of Hamburger Helper, although I don't think it's super healthy. It was WAY easy, and it was okay. Not my favorite meal, but we'll leave it in the mix for change. I think that kids would really like it.

Rachel Ray's Chili Cheeseburger Mac:
Ingredients:
1 to 1 1/2 pounds of hamburger meat
1 whole white onion
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup mustard
1 can beef broth
cheddar cheese (I used Mexican blend)
1 box whole grain macaroni pasta
(I also added about 1 T. of Tabasco Chipotle for extra flavor)

Cook macaroni according to box, and drain. Brown meat and onion together. Drain off fat (I used 93/7 so there's not much and it's healthier). Pour broth, mustard, ketchup (and Tabasco) in with cooked, drained beef and onion. Pour over cook macaroni. Stir together. Pour in a backing dish. Add cheese on top. Broil until cheese bubbles and browns (like 4 to 5 minutes on low).
We ate this with our yummy salad recipe that you can find on a more recent post. Or you could do steamed or grilled veggies. Enjoy!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Jess, I just have to ask if p90x will help me get in a sz 0 jean?? I guess since I've never even been a 3...well, maybe when I was 3. I was a 10 in HS and will be pretty happy to be able to walk into any store and buy a sz 10 without trying it and it fitting! :) That is my goal with p90x! love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy. I will have to try this. I'm so glad I found your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if you remember me--we went to college together and I saw your blog on Facebook. Love it! Oh, and we do P90X too--we did it once last year and started back up with it this week again--it's hard but so worth it!

    Glad to see you're doing well!

    Aja

    ReplyDelete