Friday, January 16, 2009

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner...

We had a wonderful evening tonight with our good friends Harry and Janelle. The LORD most definitely placed them in our lives a few years back when first moving to Vegas. They are very God-fearing and encouraging people. There are many times when they truly have been our Vegas parents. We always love getting together with them, and always we have great conversations.

Typically they have us over before we make the invite, but tonight we had them over. It's a tad intimidating because Janelle is one of the best cooks that I know and anytime we are at their house the food is AWESOME! Well, tonight I must say I am pretty proud of the menu we put together tonight. We had a nice spinach salad, smoked pork loin, grilled zucchini, squash, and red onion, a twice baked potato type dish, whole wheat rolls, and my favorite dessert. Not really sure what the dessert is called- my sister-in-law printed out of a cook book for me and they called it "Better than...", but growing up we just called it the chocolate mouse dessert. So yummy!

Needless to say... P90X here I come tomorrow... twice!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Jess, everything you say about the food is right on. I liked it so much I almost asked to bring some home. And Janelle says she is so happy she didn't have to cook. Plus we have now become more high tech - facebook, blog comments, cha cha, twitter, etc.

    We love you - and Lantz, too.

    Harry and Janelle

    ReplyDelete